PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION, CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES
2019 ANNUAL MEETING HELPFUL CHECKLISTS
Afraid you may forget something? The checklists below can help.
THE CHAPTER CHECKLIST:
- To secure and bring 3-5 good quality items for the Silent Auction. We have omitted the Live Auction from the schedule, so we have more time for socializing on Saturday night. We need more good quality items for the Silent Auction. Bidding for the Silent Auction will begin on Friday night and end at 7pm on Saturday night.
- To pre-register auction items with the Auction Chairperson. The Auction Item Registration form can be found online here. Questions? The 2016 Auction Chairperson is TBA, with email.
- To bring a tabletop display of your chapter's activities over the past year.
- To plan for carpooling. Let your chapter officer know if you can offer a ride, or need one, and maybe they can make an announcement at upcoming chapter meetings, or circulate an email to the members of your chapter to assist in facilitating carpooling.
THE MEMBER CHECKLIST:
- Annual Meeting Registration Form mailed by October 5.
- Have you pre-registered Silent Auction items with the Auction Coordinator? If not, the forms are on this website. Follow the Auction link from the Annual Meeting page to obtain a Pre-registration Form (as well as other information).
- Bring Silent Auction, White Elephant and Bake Sale items (Individually packaged items are appreciated).
- Small change to buy bake sale, or white elephant items.
- Small bills to pay towards carpooling gas.
- Checkbook for Silent Auction items purchased.
- Daypack or fanny pack (with the 10 essentials).
- Hiking boots or shoes.
The following list is not to be considered cast in concrete - each outdoor enthusiast should customize his or her own kit for the barest minimum of supplies. Note that the first three items are for finding your way, the second three are for your protection, and the last four are for emergencies.
- Flashlight, extra batteries and bulb
- Hat, sunglasses, bug repellant, gloves
- WATER!!! And a way to purify water.
- Extra food.
- Clothing: raingear, socks, sweater, space blanket
- Matches / lighter, candle / fire starter
- Mirror, whistle
- Pocket knife
- 1st aid kit: moleskin, antibiotic ointment, medications.
*Always tell someone else your hiking plans and Use common sense.